Saturday

About Me


In high school I was more like the "no makeup at all gal". You won't see me carry a pressed powder or even a lip balm at school. Probably because I never saw my mom buy or collect cosmetics. On her dresser you'll see a huge square mirror, her drawers contained her unused gadgets, baby powder, perfumes, body lotion, facial moisturizer, isopropyl alcohol and a medicine glass container. There were times while she prepares for work that's when we'll see her bring out her foundation, do a couple of face powder buff, a dab of gloss and a single swipe of her favorite lipstick would do for her. My mom had a brow tattoo back then so i don't think shaping and filling her brows is necessary. I was brought up in a very simple household hence I've grown to be a simple young lady. I have 3 brothers and a sister who is more boy-ish in outfit and gestures. In high school I remember girls in my class who used to do retouches or touch ups every lunch break, and this girl who i hang out with is way too simple than i was. She has this really bushy brows and an oily skin. I remember that because we used to blot her facial oil on her yellow pad paper. (Yes, you're right we're gross). Its not that I don't wanna be friends with the powder girls, (that's how my English Teacher call these girls in my class) or because they were bullies for some reason; well they're not. I'm not just used to talking about makeup and skin care stuff or putting something on my face cause it feels icky or i sweat too much or because it feels really heavy like I have clay on my face, I don't really know. Its just not my thing.

I've seen and met more powder girls when I reach college since I studied in an exclusive school for girls. I was still the simple "no makeup at all gal". My best friend in high school went to a different university so we lost contact. But I met new friends who were okay, they wear makeup like ALL day everyday in school. They were the ones who introduced hair rebonding to me and a lot more kikay things like french tips, liquid foundation, concealer, lip plumper, stilettos etc. But I still couldn't get the hang of it. I still go to school events wearing nothing but a smile on my face. 

Tyra banks is one of my favorite Hollywood celebrities. She's just oh so pretty in my eyes, I admire the way she talk, the way she walk, her gestures, attitude and self confidence. And when I've seen one episode on Tyra's show on TV, it accidentally changed my perspective in makeup and beauty. From the very simple "no makeup at all gal" to the makeup lover slash beauty geek me. I still don't like to wear makeup all the time but I learned to appreciate what it does and how it transforms us into somewhat more confident and fearless young ladies. I learned that obsession with beauty and loving makeup is not just pampa-arte or because we're maarte, it's being aware with what we can do to enhance and embrace the beauty that God gave us and what we truly possess. 


So here I am, blogging about my life as a Beauty Coach and a Professional Makeup Artist and I would love to share all my beauty experience with you.


n  m  

No comments:

Post a Comment